IGNITE Youth Organisation is a non-profit organisation and thus we depend upon the generous gifts and donations from organisations, companies, churches and individuals to continue the work we are doing with young people. We accept both monetary and in-kind gifts and donations. You can send us an email at email@example.com with details about your gift and donation, and the Program you want to support.
For cash donations, once you send us an email with the details of the amount you would like to donate, we will send you our bank details. We are currently still working on our online payment system for donations.
For in-kind gifts, we can always use:
- good quality used clothes for babies/children/teenagers/young adults (male and female)
- items of sports equipment (deflated footballs, volleyballs, cricket bats, football shirts)
- toiletries for young women (soap, deodorant, body lotion, sanitary towels, toothbrushes)
- items of office stationary (paper, pens, exercise books/notebooks, staplers, computers, chairs, desks)
- items of band equipment (mics, cables, speakers, music instruments)
Thank you very much! We look forward to receiving your email! Your gift and donation will go a long way in helping us reach more youth, and impact more communities and societies.
IGNITE Youth launches #iwillstepup Challenge to support youth ideas that address the impact of the covid-19 pandemic
The COVID-19 global pandemic has heightened the fact that we all have a social responsibility towards each other.Therefore, we have re-launched the #iwillstepup campaign to focus on helping young people around Zimbabwe innovate projects that address the impact of COVID-19. This is a nationwide campaign that encourages young people aged between 15-25 to make a difference in their communities and society!
Do you have an idea or project that can address the impact of COVID-19 within 4 areas - education, the informal sector, mental health and hygiene? Have a friend or buddy who you can implement the idea or project with? Then submit your idea to our #iwillStepUp Challenge! Share your idea or project for a chance to win a start-up grant of $2000 bond for you and your #stepupbuddy to implement your idea and make a difference in your community! You will also get mentorship, training and advice from the Ignite Youth Social Impact Incubator to help you improve your idea and increase the impact of your work. Four awesome ideas, one in each category, will win $2000 bond each plus mentorship to implement their projects. The period to submit your ideas/projects is from 13 May 2020 to 19 June 2020.
1. Your idea and it's implementation should take into account the precautions, legislation and rules outlined by the Government of Zimbabwe concerning COVID-19 - Statutory Instrument 83 of 2020.[CAP. 15:17Public Health (COVID-19 Prevention, Containment and Treatment).
2. Your idea and it's implementation must minimise the risk of spreading the virus, must exercise precaution and safety and take into account all hygienic precautions necessary, such as social distancing and wearing protective gear such as masks.
3. Digital and tech ideas are welcome to apply and should take into consideration affordability and accessibility for all or most populations.
4. Ideas must include a gender lens and show how they will respond to the needs of women and girls.
Instructions to participate:
STEP 1: You will need to post an #iwillstepup picture of yourself holding a sign stating very briefly what you will step up to do for example '#iwillstepup and teach children maths online during the #covid19pandemic #igniteyouthorg #letsfightcovid19 #pursuingpurpose' and tag Ignite Youth Organisation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Make sure you do this before the 19 June 2020.
Our Social Media Handles are as follows:
STEP 2: You should find a friend or colleague to implement the idea with, who will be your #stepupbuddy. Your #stepupbuddy should also take a photo holding a sign supporting the idea, and here is an example 'my #stepupbuddy and I are determined to help children learn maths during #covid19pandemic. #igniteyouthorg #2ndAnniversary #pursuingpurpose' and tag Ignite Youth Organisation on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Make sure you do this before the 19 June 2020.
STEP 3: You must submit your idea or project through this platform. Deadline for all ideas to be submitted is by the 19 June 2020 by midnight, Zimbabwean time. You will be expected to share the social media links to your #iwillstepup picture and #stepupbuddy photo when you submit your application. So make sure you have done all the steps above before you submit the application.
STEP 4: Applications will be read by our partners and operational team. On the 25th of June, we will shortlist 20 ideas or projects which will be announced on our social media channels. We will also notify them through email.
STEP 5: The 20 shortlisted ideas will be invited to attend an online workshop on 26 June on how they can fine tune their ideas to achieve impact. It is important for you to attend if you are shortlisted. Attending this online workshop will be advantageous to you for the next step.
STEP 6: We will post the 20 shortlisted ideas on our Facebook page on Tuesday 30 June. If your idea is one of the 20, you must get as many likes and shares for your idea on our Facebook page. The deadline for getting your friends to like and share your post is Sunday 5 July, midnight, Zimbabwe time.
STEP 7: The four ideas or projects with the most likes and shares will be announced on our social media channels on Tuesday 7 July and will win a start-up grant of $2000 bond for each idea or project! The four top ideas or projects will be invited for an online awarding ceremony to be advised.
Whether it’s teaching children maths online, providing mental health inspiration, sewing protective gear, advocating for the informal sector or something completely different, you can make a huge difference. There are lots of ways you can take action, whilst practising social distancing.
Taking small positive actions can make a big difference! By taking action you will not only benefit your community, you will also gain skills and experience that will help you to achieve great things at school, in further education and in your chances to find a job or to land a scholarship.
In this section, you will find information on how you can get involved and participate in this Challenge. So don’t sit back and wait for positive change to happen. Make it happen now. Say #iwillstepup to make a difference!
Terms and conditions:
- Once the winners are selected and awarded the prize, they are expected to execute the project within two months of winning the grant and share with IGNITE Youth Organisation on the activities they would have done.
- This is a nationwide campaign. In the event that the winners are from outside of Harare, the organisation will make the necessary arrangements for them to receive the money.
- The age range for applying is 15-25 years.
- The maximum number of entries you can submit with your step up buddy to the competition is 1.
- The period to submit your ideas/projects is from 13 May to 19 June midnight Zimbabwe time.
- Any entries received after the closing of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
- Applications will be read by our partners and operational team. Our decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- We may undertake publicity activities relating to competitions and prize awards. The participants therefore agree to the use of their name, photograph and disclosure of town or region of residence in any post-prize-winning publicity names, surnames, towns or regions of residence and prize details.
For more information please feel free to contact us: