Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship When a young person discovers their purpose and vision for their life, the next step is to help them get it off the ground, which is where innovation and creativity come in. The Ignite Innovation Program was designed specifically for this purpose. When it comes to ending global poverty and inequality, young people are an untapped resource. The world needs their enthusiasm, commitment, and willingness to challenge the status quo if we are to identify and solve the complex problems it faces. We created this program in order to empower young people to make positive changes in their communities through social entrepreneurship and innovation. Youth have been shown to support job creation, contribute to economic growth, and do much more when given the tools, resources, and networks they need to take the lead in resolving issues in their communities.
○ I Will Step Up Innovation Competition: The #Iwillstepup2023 Challenge encourages young people in Zimbabwe to use innovation and entrepreneurship to develop projects that address societal issues. This is a national campaign encouraging young people to make a positive difference in their communities and society! Youth have previously innovated ideas in fields such as education, the informal sector, and mental and physical health. The youth then have the opportunity to win a cash grant to help them and their #stepupbuddy put their idea into action and make a difference in their community! Ignite Youth also provides mentorship, training, and advice to help the youth improve their ideas and increase the impact of their work. Each winner receives mentorship from local and international experts to help them implement their projects.
● Site Visits: We enjoy experimenting, coming up with new ideas, and playing with technology to make sure everything contributes to giving young people an unforgettable experience that expands their world and opens their mind to limitless possibilities. Young people are exposed to a variety of situations that foster an inventive mind. The youth get experience and inspiration for their own professional
pathways through site visits to innovative and inventive platforms and businesses.
● Hosting webinars and discussions about the world of innovation and technology for example World Space Day, World Creativity and Innovation Day etc.
● Hacking solutions to societal problems through innovation workshops: We host workshops in which youth identify societal problems and devise ideas and hack solutions to those problems. These Innovation workshops are an excellent way to encourage young people to think creatively and innovatively. Youth have devised solutions to problems such as mental health, substance abuse, xenophobia, and so on.
● Careers in Innovation: We invite local, regional, and international professionals from the innovation industry to expand young people’s knowledge of possible careers in innovation.
IGNITE Youth Organisation is dedicated to shaping and encouraging young people aged 13 to 29 years to emergence and a life of purpose. We help them realize their dreams, live to their fullest potential and ultimately impact their communities. We’re all about igniting a generation to create impact and change their world.
Through 360° holistic programs & a purpose-centered curriculum, we\\\'re creating a generation of responsible & innovative young leaders & historymakers!
© Copyright 2023 Ignite Youth | Developed By SnaptechDev